Thursday 13 February 2014

VMware Fling: vCenter Mobile Access

I stumbled across an old VMware fling called VMware vCenter Mobile Access today.  As it was published in November 2011 and not updated since I thought it might be a dead duck.  But thought I'd give it a try anyway,  so downloaded and imported the OVF.

The OVF is well written,  and I just assigned to correct vDS powered it on,  there was no obvious setup needed.  I then proceeded to install the iPad app enter the IP address of the vCMA appliance,  then the IP address, username and password of vCenter.

Was pleased to be greeted by


Its a bit limited in functionality but you do all the basics like can power VMs on and off, get basic performance info,  and rather cool you can even initiate vMotion!!









No comments:

Post a Comment